Our hospital was founded in 1909 as a sanatoryum for bone diseases for the Austro-Hungarian Empire. After World War I it was renovated by the American Red Cross. In 1920 it was taken over by the Italian Red Cross and after WW II Valdoltra became part of Yugoslavian health systeme. It turned to orthopaedics and in early 1961 was renamed Valdoltra Orthopaedic Hospital.
Today we are an orthopaedic centre equipped with modern diagnostic and therapeutic tools (Magnetic resonance, Computerised Tomography, modern operating theatres, laser arthroscopy technology). The three renovated pavilions offer 190 patient beds, representing rather more than 50% of Slovenia’s orthopaedic capacity. In the specialised orthopaedic outpatients department more than 25,000 patients from all over Slovenia are seen and treated annually, while some 5,700 are hospitalised. We carry out over 3,400 surgical operations each year (prosthesis of major joints, spinal surgery, arthroscopy and other common surgical procedures of today). Valdoltra Orthopaedic Hospital is in constant contact with other orthopaedic centres in Slovenia and worldwide.
Valdoltra Arthroplasty Registry (Register artroplastike Valdoltra - RAV)
The Hospital Registry was established in 2002. It has 100 % compliance rate and it covers all total hip, total and uni knee replacements in the hospital.
- Valdoltra Hip Arthroplasty Registry 2002 - 2017
- Valdoltra Knee Arthroplasty Registry 2002 – 2017
- Valdoltra Knee Arthroplasty Registry 2002 - 2016
- Valdoltra Hip Arthroplasty Registry 2002 - 2016
- Valdoltra Hip Arthroplasty Registry 2002 - 2015
- Valdoltra Knee Arthroplasty Registry 2002 - 2015
- Valdoltra Hip Arthroplasty Registry 2002 - 2014
- Valdoltra Knee Arthroplasty Registry 2002 - 2014
- Valdoltra Knee Arthroplasty Registry 2002 - 2013
- Valdoltra Hip Arthroplasty Registry 2002 - 2013
- Valdoltra Knee Arthroplasty Register 2002 - 2012
- Valdoltra Hip Arthroplasty Register 2002 - 2012
- Valdoltra Hip Arthroplasty Register 2002 - 2011
The National Arthroplasty Registry of Slovenia
(Register endoprotetike Slovenije – RES)
The collection of the data for The National Arthroplasty Registry of Slovenia (Register endoprotetike Slovenije – RES) started on 1st January 2019. This was made possible with the acceptance of The new Healthcare Databases Act (ZZPPZ-B), which regulates the registers from the healthcare filed that named Valdoltra Orthopaedic Hospital as a RES holder.
Conference and Congress:
12th Annual International Congress of Arthroplasty Registries, Montreal – May 13-15, 2023
11th Annual International Congress of Arthroplasty Registries, Dublin – September 3-5, 2022
Short presentation of Valdoltra Orthopaedic Hospital:
Ortopedska bolnišnica Valdoltra - brošura SVN
Ospedale ortopedico Valdoltra - opuscolo ITA
Valdoltra Orthopaedic Hospital - Brochure ENG
Ортопедическая больница Валдортра - Broshyura RUS
- Preoperative anaesthesiology department
- Neurophysiology Department - EMG
- Orthopaedic outpatient department
- Surgical treatment:
- Joint endoprothesis (Hip, Knee, Ankle, Shoulder....)
- Spinal operations (spinal disc herniation - hernias, spinal chord symbiosis, spinal deformations)
- Pediatric Orthopaedics
- Arthroscopic operations (ligaments, bone cartilages, meniscus, articular capsules)
- Foot operations (Halux valgus and other foot deformations)
- Removal of osteosynthetic material.
- Non-surgical (conservative) treatment:
- Medical - pain reduction therapy
- Magnetic resonance (MR)
- Computerised tomography (CT scanning)
- Classical X-ray diagnostics
- Ultrasound diagnostics
For all additional information and to request an appointment or examination send a message by e-mail or call us on +386 5 66 96 222 or + 386 5 66 96 237.
If you require an entry visa you will need to send a copy of your passport at least a month before your arrival to fax No. +386 5 65 27 185
Method of payment
Invoices for outpatient services (specialist examination and diagnostic services) should be settled immediately at the hospital payments office.
If you have agreed with an orthopaedic specialist to receive treatment, we will prepare an estimate of costs for you. Advance payments to the level of this estimate should be transferred one week prior to the expected date of arrival to our account as follows:
Banka Slovenije - SWIFT: BSLJSI2X, - IBANSI 56011006030277312 (Quoting the estimate reference number)